Sunday, February 26, 2017

Paranormal Investigations: Fog

Location: Firthcliffe, NY Google Map
When the Fog rolls in, Firthcliffe, New York
Sometimes, you don't have to go looking for the mysterious and mystical. Sometimes, it comes to you...

One of my favorite movies is the 2005 remaking of John Carpenter's The Fog, directed by Rupert Wainwright and starring Tom Welling. Based on John Carpenter's original 1980's version starring Jamie Lee Curtis, the newer version gives "cheesy horror" fans a fairy tale feel of the first version. In case you didn't know, I do not like excessive horror, especially slasher type movies. I've seen enough slicing of human flesh, drainage of blood, and oozing of gangrenous pus as a nurse to know well how much suffering even the slightest nick can cause to a human. Not to mention, I was also a veterinary assistant in my early adult years, so I've even seen and smelled the inner bowels of animals too. But going back to my original content, I can understand John Carpenter's attraction to the eerie state of torrential clouds, flooding the atmosphere with its mystic powers of obscurity and near amaurosis.

The Grim and Charming:

This blue house has served as inspiration in one of my books. I love it more covered in Fog.
Fog. Like the weathering of man-made buildings and substructures under sun and rain, fog is another example of the power of Mother Nature. No matter how we attempt to tame her, she reigns supreme over mankind. Fog is her little reminder that no matter how complex (your eyes have sophisticated minuscule cones and rods that allow it to see color) or evolved we are (some creatures see better color than humans do), a simple cloud of water droplets can easily change our perception and our perspectives.

It's the middle of the day, and the fog has robbed us of blue skies
Fog may be a danger to drivers behind a steering wheel or worse...hide a witch and a werewolf, so beware. But beyond imagination, in its own entity, Fog is a beautiful phenomenon, especially behind the lens of a photographer. 

Links (because knowledge is power against all evil): How does Fog form? | Driving in Fog Safely

Coming Soon! A Grim and Charming 5-Part Paranormal Adventure Series Exclusive: West Point, United States Military Academy with original photos even I can’t believe!






D.P. Joynes is a genre-crossing author hosting fairy tales and folklore and, sometimes, torn love in realms of Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and Horror. Visit me at DpJoynes.net.

“I’m a coconut filled with maudlin sentimentality.” Connect with me on Facebook to stay up-to-date on new adventures and investigations or to find out more about us, visit GrimAndCharming.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment